This workshop gives a concert picture of leading Internet implementations, high usage, leading quality and balanced control mechanism. Also a development project, Ambient Sweden, recognized by Mrs Reading and research work on Mobile Life and services on 100 Mbit mobile networks.
1. PTS had worked out strategies and goals for the robustness of Internet in Sweden, and has the government responsibility to overlook the implementation and use according to Swedish law as well as a multistakeholder co-operation like privat public partnerships. We will present how we developed the strategies and goals and the combined work all parties has done to fulfil these goals.
2. Ambient Sweden The mission is to implement 10 focused topics, This is the first step towards “making Sweden a leading internet nation in 2015” The first step runs from – October 2008 – December 2009 – 15 months. Benchmark Sweden’s position versus other countries. Organize the resources into manageable project groups. Resources from industry, government, operators and others.
3. SICS is one of the most famous Internet research institutes in Sweden, used by operators manufactures and government in Sweden. SICS will show what applications can benefit from the new mobile technology LTS when users will have up to 100 Mbit capacity in their mobilephones in the future. This rechearce is part of Ambient Sweden and Mobile Life and will combined technology with use and society. The vision is that you will always be connected to internet by your mobile phone.
Speakers for the best practice forum are the following:
1.The Swedish Post and Telecom Agency (Swedish FCC)- Department head Anders Johanson, who will present Strategies and goals for the robustness of Internet in Sweden. He will, among several topics talk about the result of the
conference oct 5 EU conference on Resilient Electronic Communications
arrange by PTS which will be an international conference – A Multistakeholder Challenge". The conference will discuss three areas: regulatory policy, public-private partnerships and government CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) policy. http://www.pts.se/en-gb/Industry/Internet/Conference-on-Resilience/
2. Östen Franberg - Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA)
Ambient Sweden The mission is to implement 10 focused topics, This is the first step towards “making Sweden a leading internet nation in 2015” http://www.iva.se/PageFiles/0/AmbientSweden-folder-engelsk.pdf
3. Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS), one of the most famous Internet research institutes in Sweden. They will talk about research on applications that can benefit from the new mobile technology LTE, mobile lives and the progress of European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).