The following questions will be tackled in the Open Forum
- What measures are needed to ensure digital inclusion of people in Africa?
- What should governments do to foster digital literacy for their nations?
- What are the policies and measures needed to address the technology skills gap between Africa and the rest of the world?
- Are African education systems up to the challenge of delivering a digital workforce?
- What should be done to further unleash ICTs potential economic and societal benefits?
- How can technology help in facing crisis and disasters in Africa?
- In what ways can new technologies be applied to early warning systems in Africa?
- What policies are needed to expand the use of grievance redress mechanisms in Africa?
- What are the best practices and success stories for digital inclusion in Africa that can be observed and transferred?
Tag 1: Digital Inclusion
Tag 2: #increasingconnectivity
Tag 3: Digital Literacy
Name(s) of Speaker(s):
Mr. Menghestab Haile, Country Director - Egypt, World Food Programme (WFP) Cairo, Egypt
Ms. Mary Uduma, Chair of Nigeria Internet Governance Forum
Dr. Jimson Olufuye, Chair of AFICTA
Mr. Moctar Yedaly, Head of Division, Infrastructure and Energy Department, African Union Commission
Name of Online Moderator: Ms. Heba Abd ElHameed
Background Paper: igf_2017-idsc_open_forum_final_version.pdf
Past IGF Participation: Yes
Name: Ms. Nirvana Farrag
Organizational Affiliation: The Egyptian Cabinet Information & Decision Support Center-IDSC