The Dynamic Coalition on Platform Responsibility (DCPR) is a multistakeholder group aimed at stimulating discussion on the roles and responsibilities of online platforms in the online ecosystem, in particular with regard to human rights protection.
Session panellist will debate the results of their research, which have been included in the book “Platform Regulations: How Platforms are Regulated and How they Regulate Us” constituting the Official 2017 Outcome of the DCPR. This volume explores challenges and opportunities posed by the platformisation of our economy and, more generally, our society. The book features eleven contribution on topics ranging from the human rights dimension, to data governance and new roles of platforms calling for new solutions. It also includes the Recommendations on Terms of Service and Human Rights, whose development was facilitated by the DCPR, through a multistakeholder participatory process.
Free hard copies of the book will be distributed at the DCPR session, which will be opened by the keynote remarks of:
- David Kaye, UN Special Rapporteur for the Protection and Promotion of the Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression
- Julia Reda, Member of the European Parliament and Vice-Chair of the Greens/European Free Alliance
An interactive debate will follow, stimulated by the authors of the analyses featured in Platform Regulations. The panel will be composed by:
- Luca Belli and Nicolo Zingales, DCPR coordinators
- Krzysztof Garstka and David Erdos, University of Cambridge
- Krisztina Huszti-Orban, University of Essex
- Emily Laidlaw, University of Calgary
- Judith Herzog and Lofred Madzou, French Digital Council
- Maryant Fernandez Perez, European Digital Rights
- Natasha Tusikov, York University
- Rolf Weber, University of Zurich