1. Roll Call, Introduction, adoption of Agenda (Olivier Crépin-Leblond) - 5 minutes
2. Brief presentation of Core Internet Values Paper (Olivier Crépin-Leblond) - 10 minutes
The DC's published paper is on: http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/index.php?q=filedepot_download/3737/169
3. Addition of a new Core Value (Vint Cerf; Maarten Botterman) - 40 minutes
- Vint Cerf (confirmed)
- Maarten Botterman (confirmed)
- Alejandro Pisanty (confirmed)
- Lise Fuhr (confirmed)
Here, we will build on the last paragraph of the DC-CIV substantive paper:
"Finally, there has been a sustained increase in malicious software exploiting weak security in devices to launch attacks to impact the Internet negatively. It was not an issue in the early Internet development. Times have changed. Should there be a new core value that should drive efforts at standardization and protocol development?"
Dr. Cerf will propose a new Core Internet Value: "freedom from harm". "we have a lot of work to do to protect users from harmful experiences when making use of the Internet and the services that it supports. "
After comments from the other panellists, the floor will open for a discussion.
4. DC on Core Internet Values work program (Olivier Crépin-Leblond) - 30 minutes
(in this section we'll discuss the organisational instruments of the DC, as well as a leadership plan)
5. Conclusions and Next Steps (5 minutes)