Annual Meeting of the Dynamic Coalition on Network Neutrality
10 November, 11:00-12:30, Room 6
Over the past two years, the network neutrality debate has become a leading priority for both national and international policy makers. While some countries have explicitly banned discriminatory traffic management practices, such as blocking, throttling and paid prioritisation, other countries are currently formulating network neutrality laws and regulations or considering whether and how to properly regulate Internet traffic management.
The panellists will explore issues such as the relevance of net neutrality for consumers, the compatibility of zero rating offerings with the network neutrality principle and the elaboration of sustainable approaches to foster non-discriminatory Internet traffic management. Importantly, panellist interventions will be based on their contribution to the annaual report of the DCNN, included in Part III of the Net Neutrality Compendium, a book encompassing the three-year-long work of the Dynamic Coalition on Network Neutrality that will be presented and distributed during the event.
- Introduction and moderation: Luca Belli, Center for Technology and Society at Fundação Getulio Vargas
- Keynote: Vint Cerf, Google
- Roundtable with the authors of the 3rd DCNN annual report, included in Part III of the Net Neutrality Compendium:
- Chis Marsden, Sussex University
- Elise Lindeberg, Norwegian Communications Authority
- René Arnold, WIK Consult
- Konstantinos Stylianou, University of Leeds
- Primavera De Filippi, Université Paris 2 & Berkman Center
- Nathalia Foditsch, American University
- Presentation of the Input Document on Network Neutrality, to be discussed as a DCNN outcome during the Main Session on Dynamic Coalition outcomes. Luca Belli, Center for Technology and Society at Fundação Getulio Vargas
- Open Debate with the audience