Among various concepts of privacy, right to be forgotten has become more significant in the recent years. One of the main reasons of this is the fact that right to be forgotten is fundamental in the digital age. The recent decision of European Court of Justice about Google has heated the debate over the right to be forgotten. Many people have described this as “making history” while some others have questioned the implementation of the decision.
This workshop aims to bring together leading representatives from a broad spectrum of stakeholder groups to discuss issues related to the right to be forgotten.
Ms. Deniz Yanık, Vice-President, Information and Communications Technologies Authority (ICTA), Turkey
• Ms. Elif ÖZDEMİR, Head of Legal Consultancy, ICTA
• Mr. Yasin BECENİ, Managing Partner-Attorney, BTS
• Ms. Sophie KWASNY, Head of Data Protection, Council of Europe
• Mr. Murat YILDIZ, Writer (Dünya)
• Mr. Gönenç GÜRKAYNAK, Managing Partner, ELIG, Attorneys-at-Law
• Dr. Patrick Ryan, Access Principle, Google
• Mr. Şükrü ANDAÇ, Writer (Milliyet)
• Prof. Ian Walden, Queen Mary University of London
• Melina Violari, Facebook, Policy and Privacy Manager- EMEA